Weekly current affairs 19 December to 2 January 2017 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
National Current Affairs 19 December to 2 January 2017 –
- Haryana Govenment signs MoU with Andhra to prepare citizen database.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches a new mobile payment app called BHIM for cashless transactions.
- World’s highest bridge opens in China Country.
- US$ 235 Million Credit for development Bihar Rural Roads Project.
- P Vaid to be Jammu and Kashmir new Director General of Police.
- Assam Chief Minister launches Atal-Amrit Abhiyan in Assam.
- According to Assocham, India’s population of 95 million is still off the Internet.
- Lt Gen Vinod Vashisht is the newly appointed Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- Suresh Kalmadi declines Indian Olympic Association life President’s post.
- Prime Minister Modi to lay foundation stone of all-weather Chardham road.
- Government to set up first 2G ethanol bio-refinery in Punjab.
- The Assam state government ‘Atal Amrit abhiyan’ plan launched.
- Siflor robot that set the world record in collecting climate data.
- China, Nepal to Conduct First Ever Joint Military Exercise.
Sports Current Affairs 19 December to 2 January 2017 –
- Atletico de Kolkata are champions of ISL (Indian Super League) 2016.
- Mary Kom to be honoured with ‘Legends Award’ by AIBA.
- Samit Gohel breaks the 117-year-old record in Gujarat’s win over Odisha.
- Meghalaya State to bid for 2022 National Games.
- Kerala emerges National champion for the 10th time.
- Satyendra wins on concluding day of Shooting Nationals.
- Rashid Khan wins PGTI Order of Merit after second-place finish.
- Paria Junhasavasdikul golfer won Russell Tour Golf Championship title.
- Mumbai chess prodigy Kush creates history in UAE tourney
Business/Banking Current Affairs 19 December to 2 January 2017 –
- RBI opens banking ombudsman office in Dehradun.
- ICICI Bank launches mobile app Eazypay.
Weekly current affairs 12 to 19 December 2016 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
National Current Affairs 12 to 19 December 2016 –
- Deposit in bank accounts of political parties exempt from tax.
- Indian war veterans to celebrate Victory Day in Dhaka.
- Gujarat to have Wagah-like border viewing point.
- LED bulbs in terms of distribution is at the forefront of the state of Gujarat in India.
- Mahila Police Volunteer Initiative launched in Haryana.
- Indore west Bengal state in which the country’s largest stadium is being built.
- International Tea Day was celebrated on December 15, 2016.
- Giraffe animal endangered species list just highlights.
- Person elected as president of 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi sahitya Sammelan Akshay Kumar M Kale.
- Indo-German country ‘Green Energy Corridor to take a loan of 1 billion euros.
- Hailakhandi first in Assam to pay tea workers via bank account.
- Trump picks ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tiller son to be secretary of state.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad (Minister) who began a campaign called Dijidhan.
- Bill English Sworn in As New Zealand’s Prime Minister.
- Cricketer Virat Kohli twice in the same year the fifth player to make a double century.
Sports Current Affairs 12 to 19 December 2016 –
- India beat Belgium 2-1 to win Junior Hockey World Cup Title 2016.
- Sunil Gavaskar to receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Pankaj Advani wins World Billiards Championships title.
- Manoj and Shiva Thapa won the gold medal in the national boxing.
Business/Banking Current Affairs 12 to 19 December 2016 –
- IDFC as non-executive chairman of the bank has been appointed as a harp.
- Vijay Kumar Sharma was appointed chairman of LIC.
Weekly current affairs 5 to 12 December 2016 included international, National, Sports, Science, Business and Banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
National Current Affairs 5 to 12 December 2016 –
- India, Qatar ink five pacts on visas, cybersecurity, investments.
- Archaeological Survey of India recently Nubra Valley in Ladakh capping site was discovered.
- BS Bhullar was appointed head of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.
- Sunil Taldar appointed CEO of Airtel Digital TV.
- 16 February to 19 February 2017 at the ITTF World Tour tournament will be hosted by India.
- December 6, 2016, the father of the Indian Constitution Dr Babasaheb BR Ambedkar’s 61st Mahaparinirvan Diwas was celebrated.
- AirAsia India appoints Amar Abrol as Managing Director.
- The name of the NRI woman is Bharulata who car drove from the UK to India ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme.
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, to be next Chief Justice of India.
- Shah Rukh Khan wins the Kids’ Icon of The Year award.
- Joint maritime exercise ‘Konkan 16’ between India and UK begins.
- Donald Trump TIME Person of the Year.
- Serendipity arts festival will be held in the state of Goa.
- Oman India in the country – the Arab Partnership Conference – to be held in 2016.
- Director of the National Gallery of Modern Art A.G has been selected.
Sports Current Affairs 5 to 12 December 2016 –
- Peter Gilchrist won the World Billiards Championship.
- Argentina wins women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016.
- Matsuyama hangs on, wins Hero World Challenge.
- Ruchita Vinerkar wins bronze at Asian shooting meet.
Business/Banking Current Affairs 5 to 12 December 2016 –
- Yes bank launches simsepay – industry first innovation to empower all citizens to broad base digital banking.
- Vijaya Bank has been adjudged ‘Best Bank for SME Lending’ by The Associate Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.
Environment/ Science Current Affairs 5 to 12 December 2016 –
- ISRO launches PSLV C36 Resource-2A from Sriharikotal.
- Andhra Pradesh Government launches AP Purse mobile app to promote digital transactions.
Weekly current affairs 21 November to 5 December 2016 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
National Current Affairs 21 November to 5 December 2016 –
- Yudhvir Singh Malik Appointed As New NHAI Chairman.
- SS Rajamouli To Be Chief Guest At Closing Ceremony Of IFFI.
- Manoj Bajpayee adjudged best actor at 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
- The Government of Colombia Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, the country’s largest rebel group signed a peace agreement with the modified.
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Punjab.
- 47th IFFI creates history-First Film Festival to use Barco Projection technology.
- IIT Kharagpur Indian Institute recently for the second consecutive institutions topped the international survey.
- Reliance Capital’s 49% stake in the radio business and sell his entire group associated with Zee TV business is compromised.
- Cabinet approves opening of 62 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- 13th World Robot Olympiad to Be Held In India for the First Time.
- Lenovo and Paytm Join Hands to Enable Cashless Purchases.
- India, Times senior journalist Mukul renewable power Bhatt Gita Press Book Award and the Making of the prize was awarded to Hindu India.
- Airtel Pements Bank Ltd. venture in India Pements Bank started operating in November 2016 to create the first undertaking.
- Radhika Menon, India’s first female merchant navy captain, who in November 2016 by the International Maritime Organization, the world’s first woman to receive the bravery award.
- Pankaj Patel elected Ficci President for 2017.
- Neeraj Goyat Indian professional boxer has made a place in the ranking by the World Boxing Council.
- President Obama Awards 21 Presidential Medals of Freedom.
- Srei Infrastructure Finance Appoints Sameer Sawhney As CEO.
- Sheikh Abdullah receives Mother Teresa memorial award.
- Journalists Press Freedom Prize was awarded international prizes.
- World’s first Bollywood-themed park opens in Dubai.
- Al Nahyan granted Mother Teresa International Award.
- Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Digital India which began outreach campaign.
- Kenya’s Olympic champion Kipchoge wins Delhi Half Marathon.
- India signs revised DTAA with Cyprus.
- BS Bhullar appointed chief of aviation regulator DGCA.
- International Volunteer Day was celebrated globally.
Sports Current Affairs 21 November to 5 December 2016 –
- Pankaj Advani Settles For Bronze at IBSF World Snooker Championship.
- Mukesh Kumar clinches Panasonic Open India golf title.
- Boxer Vikas Krishan Yadav was selected for the best boxer title.
- Indian Golfer Aditi Ashok Wins Inaugural Qatar Ladies Open.
- Suhas Elwai won the gold medal in the Asian Para badminton.
- 7-year-old Kashmiri boy wins gold in Asian Karate Championships.
- Magnus Carlsen wins third World Chess Championship.
- Nico Rosberg won the Formula One World Championship.
- Usain Bolt Wins IAAF World Athlete Of The Year Award 2016.
- International Olympic Committee strips 10 athletes of Olympic medals.
- Gaganjeet Bhullar wins Indonesia Open Title.
Business/Banking Current Affairs 21 November to 5 December 2016 –
- IDFC Telangana state government signed an agreement with the bank for non-cash transactions.
- NABARD to Rs 21,000 crore from the cash-strapped farmers are allowed to distribute.
Environment/ Science Current Affairs 21 November to 5 December 2016 –
- China launches world’s longest super-secure quantum communication line.
- China successfully launches fourth data satellite.
Weekly current affairs 14 November to 21 November 2016 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
National Current Affairs 14 to 21 November 2016 –
- Russia to Withdraw From the International Criminal Court.
- Scientists improve photosynthesis increased crop yield of 15%.
- Nagpur Metro gets Euro 130 million credit from AFD.
- ‘Post-Truth’ Is Named 2016’s Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionaries.
- Mumbai metro becomes first metro in india to issue single and return journey tickets in cashless transactions.
- ITPO taking steps to facilitate cashless transactions at IITF.
- The Bihar chief minister launched “Har Ghar Bijli Lagataar” programme.
- India issues demarche to Pakistan Country over ceasefire violations.
- China Country wins supercomputer crown for eighth time.
- India ranks 20th in Climate Change Performance Index.
- India, China Joint Training Exercise Hand in Hand 2016 begins in Pune.
- Chhattisgarh state passed its first resolution on the decision of demonetization.
- Samsung to Buy Harman for $8 Billion in Bold Autos Gambit.
- Land and water resource management between India and Israel on cooperation agreements in agriculture.
- Employees State Insurance Corporation in Tokyo for their beneficiaries ‘anywhere-anytime’ access to medical care is introduced.
- SSP Chawrasia golfer first Asian Tour title outside of India.
- DMIC project, the Cabinet approved the development of trunk infrastructure components.
- 20 nations sign framework agreement of International Solar Alliance.
- National Press Day is celebrated on 16 November.
- World’s rarest animals ‘Eli pica’ was discovered nearly 20 years later. Its new name is Magic Rabbit.
- Maruti Suzuki India has decided to set up at industrial training institutes in Gujarat’s Mehsana district.
- India and US launch $95 million clean energy projects.
- November 15, 2016 was celebrated as India’s Jharkhand state.
- Close approach to Earth after 68 years on Super Moon appeared in Asia.
- Indo-China joint military exercise in Pune from 15 to 27 November 2016.
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton won the title Brazilian Grand Prix in November 2016.
- Farc rebels signed a peace agreement with the government of Colombia in November 2016.
- President Mukherjee inaugurates the India International Trade Fair.
Sports Current Affairs 14 to 21 November 2016 –
- Padmini Rout scores a hat-trick in 43rd National Women Premier Chess Championship.
- The first women player Aditi Ashok made history by winning the Indian Open title.
Business/Banking Current Affairs 14 to 21 November 2016 –
- Yes Bank appoints Amresh Acharya as Head Global Indian Banking.
- Federal Bank to open its first overseas branch in Dubai.
- Banking has launched the country’s first working robot. Its name is Lakshmi.